Topics > Northumberland > Humshaugh > Chesters, Humshaugh > Stable Block, Chesters

Stable Block, Chesters


The large stable block for Chesters country house was built in 1891 by Norman Shaw. The former stables, now converted for residential use are located just off the B6318 road between Chollerford and Walwick. This is Grade II* listed on the National Heritage List for England.
Chesters, Humshaugh Grade II* Listed 1891 Historic Buildings and Monuments in Humshaugh Civil Parish
from Geograph (geograph)
The stables at Chesters

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Stud Groomes House

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Stable block north of Chesters

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The stables at Chesters

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
STABLE BLOCK 200 METRES NORTH OF CHESTERS - List Entry
- "Stables, 1891 by Norman Shaw. Tooled snecked stone with ashlar dressings; red tile roofs, with lead-domed wooden cupola on gatehouse. Ranges around square yard with central gatehouse on south and ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1370562
List grade: 2*
Post code: NE46 4EU
County: Northumberland
Grid ref: NY9086570484

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES