St Jude's Chapel (ruins), Harwood
The ruins of St. Jude's Church and it's attached school are located by Harwood Beck, at Harwood in Teesdale. It was built as chapel of ease to Forest and Frith serving the workers of the local lead mines and their families. The church was rebuilt in 1849, and the attached in 1853, paid for by the Duke of Cleveland. The church fell into disuse when the population fell, with the decline of local lead mining.