Topics > Cumbria > Selside > Selside Hall

Selside Hall


Selside Hall is located in Selside, about 3½ miles north of Kendal. The house dates from 1540, with 16th and 18th century alterations and a small 19th century north extension. Selside Hall is the home of the Thornburgh family, until 1744. A 1st floor room at the north end of the house was used as a Catholic chapel, and also used as Anglican chapel until church built in 1718. Selside Hall is a Grade II* listed building on the National Heritage List for England.

Selside Historic Buildings and Monuments in Selside and Fawcett Forest
from Flickr (flickr)
Selside Hall

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.matthewpemmott.c...
Selside Hall nr Kendal
- "Selside Hall is situated about three miles outside of Kendal, between Watchgate and Garnett Bridge. The hall was built in 1540, on the site of an earlier house built in ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
SELSIDE HALL AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING - List Entry
- "House. Late C14 with C16 and C18 alterations and small C19 north extension. Roughcast stone with some ashlar dressings, slate roofs. L-plan, south wing has thick walls, probably the oldest ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1311671
List grade: 2*
County: Cumbria
Post code: LA8 9LA
Grid ref: SD5345999043

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES