Seaton Burn is a village in Tyne and Wear, England to the north of Newcastle upon Tyne, and adjacent to Wideopen. The A1 used to pass through the village but now bypasses the village just to the west, where it meets the A19 which is the link road to the Tyne Tunnel.
Seaton Burn Colliery opened in 1844. By October 1852 the colliery was owned by John Bowes & Co. Employment rose to 1,311 in 1921, and steadily fell after that until it was closed by the National Coal Board on 17 August 1965. Little now remains of the mine except for the old railway line leading southeast from the village. This linked with the line from the mine at Weetslade and then went east to link with both the East Coast Main Line and the line leading south to Percy Main. The old track bed has now been established as a cycleway and leads to a quite extensive cycle network in North Tyneside.
Seaton Burn is a stream that flows through southeastern Northumberland and reaches the North Sea at Seaton Sluice, after running through Holywell Dene.