Topics > Cumbria > Rusland

Rusland


RUSLAND, a district chapelry, in the parish of Coulton, union of Ulverston, hundred of Lonsdale north of the Sands, N. division of the county of Lancaster, 8½ miles (N.N.E.) from Ulverston. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £50; patron, the Incumbent of Coulton. The chapel, dedicated to St. Paul, was consecrated in 1745.

Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Cumbria Rusland Cross Colton Parish, 1848 Colton Civil Parish Church of St Paul, Rusland Rusland Hall Rusland Pool Bridge

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES