Rose and Crown, Newgate Street
The Rose and Crown is a public house located on Newgate Street in Newcastle. It was built for Duncan and Dalglish in c.1914, designed by Simpson and Lawson. It replaced an earlier public house here and was an infill next to the Empire Palace Theatre (no longer there). It's Edwardian style tiled exterior still remains largely unaltered. The Rose and Crown is on the 'local list' of buildings of special local architectural or historic interest for Newcastle.