CHURCH OF ST GEORGE WITH TRININTY AND ST JAMES WITH HALL, WALLS AND GATES - Sunderland - List Entry

  • Description

    "Presbyterian church, now United Reformed church and joined by other congregations, with adjacent hall, and walls and gates attached. 1888-90. By John Bennie Wilson of Glasgow. Much of finance provided by RA Bartram, shipowner, who laid the foundation stone on February 7th 1889. Rock-faced red Dumfries sandstone with ashlar dressings; roof of small Lakeland slates with red terracotta ridge tiles and stone gable finials....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1279916
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 1 month ago
    Viewed: 105 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES