Seaton Sluice

  • Description

    House on Rocky Island, Seaton Sluice. This is now the only residence on the Island. However, back in 1901 there were 63 people living on the Island in 16 houses (1901 Census). The houses were owned by Lord Hastings as art of the Delaval Estate. There was only one tap, shared by all the residents on Rocky Island. The houses had outside toilets, but no mains drainage. By the 1960's the houses were considered unfit for habitation and were subsequently demolished.
  • Owner

    Simon_Cotterill
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Public Domain Dedication (CC0)
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/137828720@N06/44045284822/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years ago
    Viewed: 274 times
    Picture Taken: 2018-08-10T14:22:30
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES