Description"The town was first mentioned in 1050 as 'Standropa' and derives from the Old English, 'Saen-throp', which translates to stony village. The tower of St Mary's Church can be seen in the background." Photo by Maigheach-gheal, 2011.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2468985
Resource type: Image
Added by: Peter Smith
Last modified: 2 years, 10 months ago
Viewed: 172 times
Picture Taken: 2011-04-05