Description"Recent demolition of old buildings on the RVI site (left) has temporarily opened up this view of the University buildings on the east side of Queen Victoria Road. The red brick building on the right is the King George VI Building built in 1937 and former home of the Medical School http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle_University_buildings_%28K%E2%80%93Z%29#King_George_VI_Building The tower of the Civic Centre can be seen above [] To the left, in brown brick, is the Bedson Building, opened in 1959 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle_University_buildings_%28A%E2%80%93J%29#Bedson_Building Its ornate brick chimney is a familiar landmark, visible from many locations around the campus http://sine.ncl.ac.uk/view_image.asp?digital_doc_id=5729" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2010.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1762083
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years ago
Viewed: 209 times
Picture Taken: 2010-03-18