LIGHTHOUSE AND ATTACHED BUILDINGS - Coquet Island - List Entry

  • Description

    "Benedictine monastic cell, C14 or C15; early C19 lighthouse-keeper's cottage built into chapel ruins, other parts incorporated in 1841 Trinity House lighthouse complex. Medieval parts squared stone of varying quality; cottage large squared stone; 1841 parts squared stone with raised tooled-and-margined quoins and dressings. Flat roofs not seen, except for cottage roof of slates with C20 waterproof covering....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1371130
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 480 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES