East Wallhouses, Corbridge - Northumberland

  • Description

    Robin Hood Inn Military Road East Wallhouses, Corbridge The Robin Hood Inn dates back to 1752 and is constructed with traditional stone. and it is highly probable that the stone used in construction was "borrowed" from Hadrian's Wall. The owners would dispute this fact, if English Heritage or our Italian friends tried to claim it back. The wall is under the Military Road westbound carriageway Our car park is in fact on the North Ditch, which continues noticeably on the west side and is just over the fence at the west end of the car park and the trail drops into it there. The Vallum Farm over the road, is in fact the site of the Vallum which can be seen going westwards from the farm.
  • Owner

    ndl642m
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/30581663@N05/15182482878/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 370 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES