The Town Wall

  • Description

    1080 1980 The Town Wall Site of late 13th Century Gunner Tower Converted in 1821 for use by Company of Slaters and Tylers. Demolished 1885 Foundations excavated 1964
  • Owner

  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License
  • Further information

    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 1153 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

  • Simon Cotterill on Dec. 17, 2015, 9:05 p.m.

    Plaque reads: "Gunner Tower - Town Wall.
    Site of the late 13th century Gunner Tower which was converted 1821 for use by the Company of Slaters and Tylers. It was Demolished in 1885 and the foundations were excavated in 1964.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.