Description".....Formerly a seat of the Muschampe family, licence to crenellate was granted in 1341 and the building was described in 1415 as a fortalice. By 1541 it was 'on extreme decaye and almoste ruynous for lack of reparacions'. In its present form the building is a country house in a castellated Gothick style, designed in 1801 for Francis Sitwell by John Paterson. Building, in several campaigns, spanned most of the 19th century and it was not completed until 1892......"
LicenseWhat does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
Further informationLink: http://gatehouse-gazetteer.info/English%20sites/2718.html
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Viewed: 41 times
Picture Taken: Unknown