Topics > County Durham > Rainton Gate > Rainton Gate Methodist Chapel

Rainton Gate Methodist Chapel


The former Rainton Gate Methodist Chapel on Chapel View in Rainton Gate, West Rainton. The chapel was built in 1874 by local miners when they found they could not all be seated in the Methodist Ebenezer Chapel on Hall Lane.[1] Services were held up to 2004, after which the building was sold and later converted to a gym.

Rainton Gate West Rainton Former Church Former Ebenezer Chapel Methodism 1874
from http://firepowerfitness.co.uk/
Firepower Gymn
- Gymn and dojo.

Added by
Simon Cotterill
  Co-Curate Page
Former Ebenezer Chapel
- Map Street View "John Wesley himself is believed to have twice preached to the miners of West Rainton in April 1747. Services were held in the homes of members until ...
from http://parishes.durham.gov....
About West Rainton and Leamside
- "West Rainton has an intriguing and ancient history; a place where direct ancestors of Her Majesty the Queen lived at one time. According to Robert Surtees’ The History and Antiquities ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
West Rainton
  Co-Curate Page
West Rainton
- Overview About West Rainton Map Street View West Rainton is a village in County Durham. St Mary's Church is a prominent landmark in the village. West Rainton is a village ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES