Topics > Pardshaw
Pardshaw is a village in the Allerdale district of Cumbria, located about 3½ miles south-west of Cockermouth. To the north-east of the village are Pardshaw Craggs, where Quakers held open-air gatherings before Pardshaw Friend's Meeting House was built in 1672. Historically, Pardsy (aka Pardshaw) was a township in the ancient parish of Dean in Cumberland. Today, Pardshaw is part of Dean Civil Parish.