The Olympia, Northumberland Road
The original Olympia on Northumberland Road was a general purpose concert hall which opened in 1893. It was destroyed by a fire on the 2nd of December 1907. A replacement building, the Olympia, opened in c.1909. It served as a cinema, under a number of different owners, laterally the ABC cinema, up to its closure in 1961. The building was later demolished and the site, at the west end of Northumberland Street by todays Primark, was redeveloped.