Neville Hall and Wood Memorial Hall


Neville Hall is a distinctive gothic building on Westgate Road in Newcastle, near the junction with Neville Street. It was built 1869 - 1872 and designed by A.M. Dunn. It incorporates offices, library and a lecture theatre for the North of England Institute of Mining and Mechanical Engineers. Inside is a large white statue of Nicholas Wood a founder and the first President of the Institute. The building is Grade II* listed.

from Geograph (geograph)
Neville Hall and Wood Memorial Hall, Westgate Road

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Neville Hall

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Neville Hall

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The North of England Institute of Mining and Mechanical Engineers

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://mininginstitute.org...
North of England Institute of Mining and Mechanical Engineers
- Official Website of the Institute. "The Mining Institute owns one of the finest buildings in Newcastle, Neville Hall, a Victorian building built at the time when high-Gothic architecture was coming ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
The North of England Institute of Mining and Mechanical Engineers

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
The North of England Institute of Mining and Mechanical Engineers

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
The North of England Institute of Mining and Mechanical Engineers

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
The North of England Institute of Mining and Mechanical Engineers

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
NEVILLE HALL AND WOOD MEMORIAL HALL - List Entry
- "Also Known As: North of England Mining and Mechanical Engineers Institute, WESTGATE ROAD ORCHARD STREET Offices, library and lecture theatre. 1869-72 by Archibald M. Dunn for the Coal Owners' Association ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
North of England Institute of Mining and Mechanical Engineers
  Co-Curate Page
North of England Institute of Mining and Mechanical Engineers
- Overview About the Institute Notable Members The North of England Institute of Mining and Mechanical Engineers (NEIMME) was founded in 1852 and its first chairman was Nicholas Wood.  The Mining ...
from https://commons.wikimedia.o...
Statue of Nicholas Wood in the library of the North of England Institute of Mining and Mechanical Engineers in the
- Photo by Chris McKenna (Thryduulf), 2013, available under a Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0 licence.

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://commons.wikimedia.o...
Neville Hall and Wood Memorial Hall, Newcastle upon Tyne; statue of Nicholas Wood
- Photo by Harry Mitchell, 2013, available under a Creative Commons BY-SA licence.

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES