Topics > Cumbria > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Moresby Civil Parish

Moresby Civil Parish


Moresby Civil Parish is located north-east of Whitehaven, in the Copeland district of Cumbria. It includes the villages of Low Moresby and Morsby Parks, along with a few hamlets and farmsteads. The parish had a population of 1,997 at the time of the 2011 census. Moresby Primary School is located in Moresby Parks. 

Historically, part of Cumberland, the ancient parish of Moresby also included the township of Parton, which is now a separate civil parish.

Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Moresby Civil Parish from the the National Heritage List for England[1].

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Notes
Garden Balustrade, Supporting Sculpture, to Rear of Rosehill 1312422 II C19th  
Rosehill Theatre 1323697 II C19th Barn, coverted to theatre in 1959.
Rosehill, House and Adjoining Wall 1086712  II* C18th  

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries. Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings.

Note: Moresby Hall (Grade I listed) and St Bridget's Church Moresby (Grade II listed) are located close by in the neighbouring Civil Parish of Parton.

Civil Parishes in Cumbria Moresby Parks Moresby Primary School Low Moresby Parton and Moresly War Memorial Moresby Parish, 1848 Rosehill House, Moresby Rosehill Theatre
Low Moresby
  Co-Curate Page
Low Moresby
- Overview Map Street View Low Moresby is a village in the Copeland district of Cumbria, located about 1½ miles north-east of Whitehaven. The village forms part of the Civil Parish ...
from Geograph (geograph)
The A595, Moresby and Parton

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Parton and Moresly War Memorial
  Co-Curate Page
Parton and Moresly War Memorial
- Overview Map Street View The war memorial on the village green in Parton was unveiled by Colonel D.J. Mason, DSO, on the 5th of November 1921. It was built for ...
from http://www.moresbypc.org.uk/
Moresby Parish Council
- Website of Moresby Parish Council

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from https://www.cumbriacountyhi...
Moresby
- "Township in Moresby parish, Allerdale above Derwent ward, Cumberland....parish contained 2,193 acres [887 ha], of which 2,140 acres [866 ha] was in Moresby township and 52 acres ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
Moresby Primary School
  Co-Curate Page
Moresby Primary School
- Overview Map Street View Moresby Primary School is located on School Brow in Moresby Parks, serving the wider Moresby area. The community school has about 120 pupils aged 3 to 11.[1] ...
Moresby Parks
  Co-Curate Page
Moresby Parks
- Overview Map Street View Moresby Parks is a village in the Copeland district of Cumbria, located about 1 mile north-east of Whitehaven. The village forms part of the Civil Parish of Moresby. ...
from Geograph (geograph)
Canada Farm

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
House on the B5306 at Howgate, Moresby

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES