Monkridge is a distribured farming community in Northumberland. Monkride Farm is located about 1½ miles south-east of Otterburn, and situated close to the confluence of Elsdon Burn and Raylees Burn. In the past, the wider area was Monkridge Ward, a township in the ancient parish of Elsdon. Relative to Monkridge Farm, Monkridge Hall (built c.1774) is located just over ½ a mile to the north-west, and Monkridge Hill Farm is about 1½ miles to the south-west, by the River Rede. Today, Monkridge forms part of Elsdon Civil Parish.