Micklethwaite is a hamlet in the Allerdale district of Cumbria, located on the A596 road, just over 2 miles north-east of Wigton and 2 miles west of the village of Thursby. Historically, Micklethwaite with nearby Parton formed a township in the ancient parish of Thursby in Cumberland. Today, the settlement forms part of Thursby Civil Parish.
PARTON, with Micklethwaite, a township, in the parish of Thursby
, union of Wigton, ward and E. division of Cumberland, 2¼ miles (N.E.) from Wigton; containing 104 inhabitants. The vicarial tithes have been commuted for £59.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.