Topics > Cumbria > Little Blencow

Little Blencow


BLENCOW, LITTLE, a township, in the parish of Greystock, union of Penrith, Leath ward, E. division of Cumberland, 4¾ miles (W.N.W.) from Penrith; containing 69 inhabitants. Near an ancient house, once the residence of the Blencows, are some dispersed ruins of buildings, particularly those of a chapel, with a burial-ground adjoining; and near the road is an inclosed cemetery, in which stands a stone cross, with the arms of the family engraved on it.

Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.

Cumbria Greystoke Civil Parish Blencow Bridge Blencow Hall Methodist Chapel, Little Blencow
from Geograph (geograph)
Little Blencow

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Old Direction Sign - Signpost

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Petteril Cottage at Little Blencow

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Bridge at Little Blencow

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Blencow Methodist Church, Blencow

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Little Blencowe Farm

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The Former Crown Inn

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES