Topics > Cumbria > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Arlecdon & Frizington Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in Arlecdon & Frizington Civil Parish

Historic Buildings and Monuments in Arlecdon & Frizington Civil Parish


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Arlecdon & Frizington Civil Parish, Cumbria, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Notes
Church of St Michael 1086721 II C12th Arlecdon.
Cross Lacon in Garden to South of Dower House 1086720  II*    
Former Stable Block to Rheda Mansion 1137442 II    
Gatepiers to Rowrah Hall 1086633 II    
Lych Gate and Churchyard Wall, Incorporating Drinking Trough and Belvedere, to West of St Michael's 1336007 II 1903 Arlecdon.
Rowrah Hall 1336042 II    
War Memorial in St Michael's Churchyard to East of Lych Gate 1086722 II 1922 Arlecdon.
Lacon Cross 1007167 n/a Medieval Scheduled Monument. Wayside cross.

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries.
Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings and Keys to the Past.

Church of St Michael, Arlecdon
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Michael, Arlecdon
- Overview Map Street View St Michael's is the Parish Church of Arlecdon, located about half a mile north-east of Arlecdon and half a mile south-west of Asby. The church was ...
Lych Gate to St Michael's Church, Arlecdon
  Co-Curate Page
Lych Gate to St Michael's Church, Arlecdon
- Overview Map Street View At the west entrance to St Michael's Church in Arlecdon is a lych gate and substantial castellated wall with parapet and drinking trough. These were built ...
  Co-Curate Page
War Memorial, Arlecdon
- Overview Map Street View The war memorial in Arlecdon is located outside St Michael's Church. It was unveiled by Lieut. Colonel George Dixon on the 29th of September 1922 and dedicated ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES