Lane Head (Hutton Magna)
Lane Head is a hamlet in County Durham, located about 5 file south-east of Barnard Castle and under half a mile south of Hutton Magna. Historically part of the North Riding of Yorkshire, it was transferred to County Durham as part of the local government reorganisation in 1974. Lane Head is part of the Civil Parish of Hutton Magna.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Not to be confused with Lanehead in Weardale, County Durham.