Topics > Cumbria > Kirkland (Culgaith)

Kirkland (Culgaith)


Kirkland is a hamlet in the Eden district of Cumbria, located about 8 miles north-east of Penrith. Historically, part of Cumberland, 'Kirkland with with Blencarn' was a township, with a population of 233 in 1848. This formed part of the wider Kirkland Parish, for which St Lawrence's Church here was the parish church. Today Kirkland is part of the Civil Parish of Culgaith.
Cumbria Culgaith Civil Parish Kirkland (St. Lawrence) Parish, 1848 Church of St Lawrence, Kirkland (Culgaith)
from Geograph (geograph)
St Lawrence's, Kirkland

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Road sign at Kirkland

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Kirkland Hall, Kirkland

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The Flosh

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES