Johnby is a village in the Eden district of Cumbria, located about 5 miles north-west of Penrith and a mile north of the village of Greystoke. Johnby is part of the Civil Parish of Greystoke. Johnby Hall dates from the 14th century - a fortified house, with later alterations.
JOHNBY, a township, in the parish of Greystock, union of Penrith, Leath ward, E. division of Cumberland, 7½ miles (W.N.W.) from the town of Penrith; containing 88 inhabitants.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.