List number: 1154139
List grade: 2
Post code: NE61 4BB
Grid ref: NZ0266685749

Holy Trinity Church, Cambo


The Parish Church at Cambo in Northumberland was built in 1842 by J.&.B. Green, near the site of an earlier medieval chapel which had been demolished in 1793. Some of the early coffin covers are preserved in the wall of the Victorian building. The church tower and vestry were added in 1884, paid for by  Sir George Trevelyan MP. The church is a Grade II listed building.

from Flickr (flickr)
Holy Trinity Church, Cambo, Northumberland

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Holy Trinity Church, Cambo

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Holy Trinity Church, Cambo

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Holy Trinity Church, Cambo

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Holy Trinity Church, Cambo

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
HOLY TRINITY CHURCH - Cambo - List Entry
- "Parish Church, 1842 by J.&.B. Green, near site of medieval chapel, tower and vestry 1884. Squared tooled-and-margined stone with dressings, slate roof. Broad nave, small polygonal sanctuary, west tower ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Holy Trinity Church

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. You can login with Twitter, Google, Co-Curate or Newcastle University accounts.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES