Hodbarrow Lighthouse (also known as Haverigg Lighthouse) is built on the Hodbarrow Outer Barrier sea wall, near Haverigg. It was built by the Hodbarrow Mining Company in 1905. The lighthouse was decommissioned in 1949 and gradually fell into disrepair. The Haverigg Lighthouse Committee was established by people inerested in restoring the lighthouse, and were sucessful in getting a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund in 2003. The lighthose was restored and an opening ceremony took place on the 15th of July 2004, including a procession by parents and pupils from Haverigg Primary School, who had been involved in the restoration project.