Topics > Northumberland > Barrowburn > Barrow Township, Northumberland, 1848

Barrow Township, Northumberland, 1848


BARROW, a township, in the parish of Hallystone, union of Rothbury, W. division of Coquetdale ward, N. division of Northumberland, 9½ miles (W.N.W.) from Rothbury; containing 22 inhabitants. It is situated on the south side of the Coquet river, near the confluence of the Barrow burn.

Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.

Barrow, township, Alwinton par., W. Northumberland, 10 miles NW. of Rothbury, 1010 ac., pop. 11.

Extract from: Gazetteer of the British Isles, John Bartholomew, 1887

Barrowburn Holystone Parish, 1848
from https://openlibrary.org/boo...
A topographical dictionary of England, Samuel Lewis, 7th Ed., 1848
- A topographical dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships, and the islands of Guernsey, Jersey, and Man, with historical and statistical ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES