Topics > Northumberland > Civil Parishes in Northumberland > West Allen Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in West Allen Civil Parish

Historic Buildings and Monuments in West Allen Civil Parish


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in West Allen Civil Parish, Northumberland, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Notes
1-2 and 3-4, Blackett Terrace 1370244 II    
Adit Portal of Barneycraig Horse Level on East Bank of River West Allen 1155612 II    
Allen View 1370229 II    
Bog Head Cottage and Adjacent Farmbuildings 1156469 II    
Bouse Team at Mohopehead Mine 1156464 II    
Bridge over River West Allen on Track to Smallburn 1042930 II    
Carrshield House 1045400 II    
Carrshield Mine Offices 1155649 II    
Church of St Mark 1045404 II 1871 Ninebanks. Parish church by Haswell
Corryhill Farmhouse 1156481 II    
Dwarf wall, railings and gate in front of Carrshield House 1156419 II    
Dyke Nook Farm and Dyke Nook Cottage 1045401 II    
Farmbuildings at Low Hartleycleugh, 10 Metres North of Farmhouse 1370226 II    
Front Terrace Wall and Railings to Hillside, Allen View and House to South 1045407 II    
Furnace House 1045402 II    
Garden wall and railings in front of Temperance Farmhouse 1370264 II    
High Blue Row 1042933 II    
High House Methodist Chapel and Area Railings 1302957 II    
Hill View and North Cottages 1370228 II    
Hillside 1156564 II    
House Adjoining Allen View to the South 1045406 II    
Limekiln in Disused Quarry, 170 Metres South of Keenley Thorn Farmhouse 1370230 II    
Limekiln on North Bank of Black Cleugh 1302931 II    
Limekiln on West Side of Track to Smallburn, Near the Miners' Rest 1045441 II    
Low Turney Shield Farmhouse and Adjacent Outbuildings 1302793 II    
Methodist Church 1302856 II    
Ninebanks Tower, Adjacent to the South End of Ninebanks Post Office 1156514  II* Medieval  
Park Farmhouse 1045403 II    
Piers and Railings in Front of Whiteley Shield Methodist Chapel 1302916 II    
Post Office House 1302887 II    
Range of Lead Mine Buildings on East Side of River West Allen 1042932 II    
Revetment Wall on East Side of River West Allen, to North of Bridge on Above NGR 1303252 II    
Smallburn Farmhouse 1370243 II    
Southern House at Nether House 1370227 II    
Stone wall and railings in front of 1-2 and 3-4 Blackett Terrace 1156351 II    
Temperance Farmhouse 1045399 II    
The Manor House 1156491 II    
The Old School House and The Old Boys School 1156372 II 1851 Carrshield. Former school, then field centre.
Tunnel Entrance and Chamber 20 Metres East of Bridge 1042931 II    
Wall Railings and Gate Piers to the South of the Manor House 1045405 II    
War memorial to Private Fairless, Limestone Brae burial ground 1441606 II    
Whiteley Shield Farmhouse and Adjacent Outbuildings 1156401 II    
Whiteley Shield Methodist Chapel 1045442 II 1857  
Ninebanks tower house 1016813 n/a Medieval Scheduled Monument
Carrshield lead mines and ore works 1015849 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Mohopehead leadmine and ore works 1016349 n/a   Scheduled Monument
Coalcleugh lead rake 1015833 n/a   Scheduled Monument

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries.
Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings and Keys to the Past.

West Allen Civil Parish Ninebanks Tower House Church of St. Mark, Ninebanks Former School, Carrshield Methodist Chapel, Whiteley Shield
Church of St. Mark, Ninebanks
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St. Mark, Ninebanks
Ninebanks Tower House
  Co-Curate Page
Ninebanks Tower House
Former School, Carrshield
  Co-Curate Page
Former School, Carrshield
- Overview Map Street View A former school for miners’ children was built in Carrshield in 1851, paid for by WB Beaumont. The boys school was in the right-hand building and ...
Methodist Chapel, Whiteley Shield
  Co-Curate Page
Methodist Chapel, Whiteley Shield
- Overview Map Street View The Primitive Methodist Chapel in Whiteley Shield was built in 1857. The final service in the chapel was held in September 2015.

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES