Topics > County Durham > Civil Parishes in County Durham > Easington Colliery Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in Easington Colliery CP

Historic Buildings and Monuments in Easington Colliery CP

Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Easington Colliery, County Durham, from the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Note
Easington Colliery Disaster Memorial (including memorial screens, communal grave areas, raised beds 1437889 II 1954 Dedicated to 72 miners killed in 1951 disaster.
Easington Colliery War Memorial 1435116 II 1926  
Former Boys Block North at Easington Colliery School 1072591 II 1913 Seaside Lane
Former Girls Block South at Easington Colliery School 1072592 II 1913 Seaside Lane
Hawthorn Dene Viaduct 1277271 II 1905  
Number 65 (Master's House), Manual Instruction Block, Bicycle Sheds, Walls, Gates, Piers and Railing 1072593 II 1913 Seaside Lane

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries.
Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings and Keys to the Past.

Easington Colliery Civil Parish Hawthorn Dene Viaduct War memorial, Easington Colliery Old Easington Colliery School
War memorial, Easington Colliery
  Co-Curate Page
War memorial, Easington Colliery
- Overview Map Street View The memorial stands at the centre of the cemetery in Easington Colliery. The memorial was unveiled on 30 January 1926 by Colonel Pickersgill, to commemorate the …
Hawthorn Dene Viaduct
  Co-Curate Page
Hawthorn Dene Viaduct
- Overview Map Street View The railway viaduct over Hawthorn Dene was built in 1905 for the North-Eastern Railway Company. The viaduct is located near the coast at the mouth of …
Old Easington Colliery School
  Co-Curate Page
Old Easington Colliery School
- The former Easington Colliery Infant School and Easington Colliery Junior School were located on Seaside Lane in Easington Colliery. The two identical buildings were originally built 1911 - 1913 and were …


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.