Topics > Cumbria > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Claife Civil Parish > Historic Buildings and Monuments in Claife Civil Parish

Historic Buildings and Monuments in Claife Civil Parish


Listed buildings and scheduled monuments in Claife Civil Parish, Cumbria, from the the National Heritage List for England[1]. Use the Search (below) if looking for a specific building / monument.

Structure List No. Grade Built~ Note
Barn to East of Hole House 1325940 II    
Barn to North East of Tower Bank House 1104842 II    
Beckside Cottages, House to West Only 1335759 II    
Bee House Approximately 50 Metres to North of Tower Bank House 1087303 II    
Boathouse with Attached Quays and Enclosed Dock with Slipway Approximately 300 Metres to North of Wr 1087278 II    
Buckle Yeat and Attached Outbuildings 1332958 II    
Castle Cottage 1106313 II    
Church of St Margaret 1335724 II 1856 Low Wray. Old estate church.
Church of St Peter 1407317 II    
Colthouse Quaker Meeting House 1087266  II* 1688  
Cunsey Bridge 1106232 II    
Drinking Fountain Approximately 20 Metres from Entrance to Hole House on South Side of Road 1087274 II    
Fold Cottage 1106377 II    
Former Gardener's House Approximately 130 Metres to South of Wray Castle 1325965 II    
Gate to South of Hill Top 1326259 II    
Green End Cottage 1335758 II    
Green End House 1087264 II    
Greenhouse and Retaining Wall to East of Wray Castle 1106293 II    
High Greengate and Cottage 1106347 II    
High Wray Farmhouse and Attached Outbuilding 1087275 II    
High Wray House 1325924 II    
Hill Top 1087304  II*    
Hole House and Adjoining Barn 1087273 II    
Linden Cottage 1087265 II    
Lodge and Gates to Wray Castle 1087279 II c.1845 Low Wray
Low Greengate House and Cottage, and Hoopers Cottage 1087276 II    
Low Loanthwaite Farmhouse 1325947 II    
Low Wray Farmstead 1391053 II    
Outbuildings to South East of Town End Cottage 1335761 II    
Pepper Yeat Fold 1325989 II    
Quaker Burial Ground Walls 1087268 II    
Retaining Wall to North West of Wray Castle 1335723 II    
Sawrey Fold Farmhouse 1087270 II    
Spout House 1087269 II    
Station Cottage 1087271 II    
Stones Lane Cottage, the Castle, Castle Barn Cottage and Barn End Flat and Outbuildings 1335762 II    
The Cragg, Cragg Cottage and Barn 1087263  II*    
The Station 1087305 II C18th Viewing station, by Windemere.
Tower Bank Arms Public House 1335737 II    
Tower Bank House 1335736 II    
Town End Cottage and Barn 1087267 II    
Town End Cottages and Adjoining Barn 1325937 II    
Town End Dairy Farmhouse and Outbuilding 1335760 II    
White House 1087272 II    
Wray Castle 1106324  II* 1847 Low Wray. National Trust.

Primary source: the National Heritage List for England - NHLE is the register of nationally protected historic buildings and sites in England, including listed buildings, scheduled monuments, protected wrecks, registered parks and gardens, and battlefields. The list is maintained by Historic England. Check NHLE for updates and new entries. Secondary sources: British Listed Buildings.

Claife Civil Parish Claife Station, Far Sawrey Wray Castle Church of St Margaret, Low Wray Lodge and gateway to Wray Castle Quaker Meeting House, Colthouse
Quaker Meeting House, Colthouse
  Co-Curate Page
Quaker Meeting House, Colthouse
- Overview Map Colthouse Quaker Meeting House built in 1688, with a later extension built in 1977. Nearby is a Quaker burial ground, which pre-dates this building. The building in Colthouse, near ...
Claife Station, Far Sawrey
  Co-Curate Page
Claife Station, Far Sawrey
- Overview Map Street View The ruins of Claife viewing station, to the east of Far Sawrey, are located on the west shore of Lake Windemere. The station was built in ...
Wray Castle
  Co-Curate Page
Wray Castle
- Overview About Wray Castle Map Street View Wray Castle is a neo-gothic county house at Low Wray built from 1840 to 1847 for James and Margaret Dawson from Liverpool. The ...
Church of St Margaret, Low Wray
  Co-Curate Page
Church of St Margaret, Low Wray
- Overview Map St Margaret's church at Low Wray was built in c.1856 as an estate church for Wray Castle, which had recently been built for James Dawson, a surgeon from ...
Lodge and gateway to Wray Castle
  Co-Curate Page
Lodge and gateway to Wray Castle
- Overview Map Street View The entrance lodge and gateway to Wray Castle were built in c.1845, probably by H.P. Horner of Liverpool. The lodge, along with the castle are the ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES