Hippodrome Theatre, Northumberland Road
In 1909 a skating rink known as 'White City' was built on Northumberland Road in Newcastle; the building had a large white dome and was located next door to the Olympia cimema. However, in In 1910 it was altered and briefly reopened as a cinema and then the 'Dreamland Ballroom de Luxe'. Then in 1912 the building was redesigned with the dome removed, for use as a variety theatre, and it was renamed 'The Hippodrome'. This remained in operation until its closure on the 20th of May 1933.