Helton is a village in the Eden district of Cumbria, located about 4 miles south of Penrith. It forms part of the Civil Parish of Askham. The village is situated on a steep slope running down from the limestone fells to the flood plain of the River Lowther. Helton is on Wideworth Farm Road, which forms part of the road north to nearby Askham and on to Penrith, and south towards Bampton. A Wesleyan chapel was built in Helton in c.1857.