Topics > County Durham > Hamsterley, near Bishop Auckland > Hamsterley Methodist Chapel

Hamsterley Methodist Chapel


The Primitive Methodist Chapel in Hamsterley was built from 1884 to 1887. It replaced an earlier chapel in Hamsterley. Samuel Laister (1761-1821) is noted to have preached at Hamsterly on the 10th of July 1821.[1] The Millennium Yew Community Garden is located on the east side of the chapel.
Hamsterley, near Bishop Auckland Churches and Cathedrals 1887 Methodism
from Geograph (geograph)
Primitive Methodist Chapel (dated 1887) : Hamsterley

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Millennium Yew Community Garden : Hamsterley

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://www.myprimitivemeth...
Hamsterley Primitive Methodist chapel
- "....The 1884 Primitive Methodist magazine records the laying of the foundation stones for a new Primitive Methodist chapel at Hamsterley (sic) in the White-le-Head station.....William Patterson, writing in 1909 ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Primitive Methodist Chapel at Hamsterley

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES