Grindon, near Haydon Bridge, Northumberland


from Geograph (geograph)
Grindon

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Grindon Farm

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Grindon from the south

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The Old Repeater Station (2)

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.keystothepast.in...
Cord rig plough marks, Grindon (Haydon)
- "Farmers in the Iron Age period ploughed small plots of land here creating narrow ridges and furrows known as cord rig...."

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Prehistoric rock-art at Howden Hill

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Cairn and sheepfold on Howden Hill

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.keystothepast.in...
Grindon medieval village (Duddo)
- "Grindon was part of the Bishop of Durham's estate of Norhamshire. The earliest record of the settlement is in 1208/1210 and in 1300 a reference to Old Grindon ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES