Grange-Over-Sands Railway Station
The railway station was originally opened as 'Grange' on the 27th of August 1857 by the Ulverstone and Lancaster Railway (it became known as Grange-over-Sands' in 1930). The first passenger train ran on the 1st of September 1857. The station is located by Station Square on the north side of Grange-over-Sands. The current station building was designed by the Lancaster architect E.G. Paley for the Furness Railway Company and built 1864-1872. The station building is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England. It was the arrival of the railway in 1857 which led to Grange-over-Sands development as a popular seaside resort during the 19th and early 20th centuries.