Topics > County Durham > South Moor > Former Miner's Hall and Institute, South Moor

Former Miner's Hall and Institute, South Moor


This former Miner's Hall and Institute on South Moor Road in South Moor, was built in 1898. For a time the building was used as the Wooodland Tavern Banqueting Suite. The former hall and institute is a Grade II listed building on the National Heritage List for England.

South Moor 1898 Historic Buildings and Monuments in Stanley
from Geograph (geograph)
Redundant place of worship, South Moor Road

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
FORMER MINER'S HALL AND INSTITUTE - South Moor - List Entry
- "Former Miner's Hall and Institute GV II Miners' Hall and Institute; now private function suites. Dated 1898 over door. Snecked sandstone, with brick returns and rear; ashlar dressings; Welsh ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from http://www.keystothepast.in...
Former miner's hall and institute - South Moor
- Includes photos

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1260777
List grade: 2
County: County Durham
Keys to the Past HER: D35786
Grid ref: NZ1903551524

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES