Topics > Tees Valley > Civil Parishes in Tees Valley > Elton Civil Parish

Elton Civil Parish



The Civil Parish of Elton is part of the Borough of Stockton-on-Tees and is located imediately west of the main urban area of Stockton. The main settlements in the parish are the village of Elton and the hamlet of Whinney Hill. Historically, Elton was an ancient parish in County Durham, which had a population of 92 in 1848.

Population: 324 (2011 Census)

Civil Parishes in Tees Valley Elton Parish, 1848 Elton Whinney Hill, Stockton-on-Tees
Elton
  Co-Curate Page
Elton
- Overview Map Street View Elton is a village in the Borough of Stockton-on-Tees, located about 1 mile west of the urban areas of Stockton. St John the Baptist Church in ...
  Co-Curate Page
Whinney Hill, Stockton-on-Tees
- Overview Map Street View Whinney Hill is a distributed hamlet, located about 2 miles west of the urban area of Stockton-on-Tees and about 1½ miles north-west of the village of ...
Elton Parish, 1848
  Co-Curate Page
Elton Parish, 1848
- ELTON, a parish, in the union of Stockton, S. W. division of Stockton ward, S. division of the county of Durham, 3 miles (W.S.W.) from Stockton; containing 92 inhabitants. This ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES