East Acomb Township, 1848
East Acomb is a former village, for which only earthwork remains now exist, located near North Acomb Farm, just over 1 mile north of the village of Byewell in Northumberland. In the 16th century East Acomb is recorded as having 12 tennants.
ACOMB, EAST, a township, in the parish of Bywell St. Peter, union of Hexham, E. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland, 8 miles (E.) from Hexham; containing 37 inhabitants. It is situated about a mile north from Bywell, and consists of two farms; Peepee, a pleasant hamlet, lies at a little distance westward. This, and many other parts of the Bywell estate, are covered with trees of a remarkably fine growth, which impart to the landscape a rich and luxuriant aspect.