Topics > Tyne and Wear > North Tyneside > Cullercoats > Fishermen's Mission

Fishermen's Mission


Cullercoats Methodist Fishermen's Mission on Eskdale Terrace was built in 1931. It replaced an earlier Fisherman's Mission on Front Street, which was established by John Lisle.

Cullercoats Churches and Cathedrals Methodism 1931
from Geograph (geograph)
Cullercoats Methodist Fishermen's Mission

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Cullercoats Methodist Fishermen's Mission

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Cullercoats Methodist Fishermen's Mission

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://www.twsitelines.inf...
Tyne and Wear HER(7102): Cullercoats, Eskdale Terrace, Fisherman's Mission
- "John Lisle obtained a building on Front Street to use as a Fisherman's Mission. It had a meeting hall upstairs. When he died in 1912 his son carried on ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES