Collingwood Arms, Brandling Village
The Collingwood Arms is a public house in Brandling Village, Jesmond. It first opened in 1836. The first landlord, Robert Hewlitt, named the pub after Newcastle-born Admiral Lord Collingwood, who led the English Fleet to victory, following the death of Nelson, in the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805. The pub was acquired by W.B.Reid of Leazes Brewery in 1890, who had the pub largely rebuilt in 1903.