Church of St Philip, nr. Eaglesfield
St Philip's Church is located off Hotchberry Brow, about ½ mile east of the village of Eaglesfield and about 2 miles south-west of Cockermouth in Cumbria. The church was built in 1891 by C.J. Ferguson, to be the new parish church for the ecclesiastical parish of Mosser, which Eaglesfield was part of. It is also known as the John Dalton Memorial Church, named after the eminent scientist John Dalton, who was born in Eaglesfield.