List number: 1371184
List grade: 2
Grid ref: NU2485317398

Church of St Michael and All Angels, Howick


St Michael and All Angels is the Parish Church of Howick in Northumberland. It was built in 1746 on the site of an earlier medieval church, and remodelled and extended in 1849 by F J Francis Romanesque style. The remodelling included in the insertion of Neo-Norman carved stone detail into the existing window surrounds, extending the church eastwards by one bay and by the addition of a chancel and Vestry.[1] It is located near Howick Hall and about half a mile south-west of the village of Howick. The church is a Grade II listed building.

from Flickr (flickr)
Howick Church

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
St Michael and all Angels Church, Howick

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
New life for old

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from http://www.alnandcoastland....
Aln & Coastland Parishes
- "The Aln & Coastland Parishes are an informal grouping of five small rural villages to the east of Alnwick on the Northumberland coast. They comprise of two Anglican Benefices: Lesbury & Alnmouth; Longhoughton (including Boulmer) & Howick, each Parish has their own individual character, which makes them about as different as they can be from each other....."

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Snowdrops at the Church at Howick Hall

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Capitals at the West Door of St Michael's and All Angels, Howick

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Capitals at the West Door of the Church of St Michael's and All Angels, Howick

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
French Sailors' Memorial

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
The Church at Howick

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL - Howick - List Entry
- "Parish Church. 1746, remodelled with extension of nave one bay to east and addition of chancel and vestry 1849 by F.J. Francis. Tooled-and-margined ashlar with smooth ashlar dressings; synthetic ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Saint Michael and All Angels Church Howick

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Saint Michael and All Angels Church Howick

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Saint Michael and All Angels Church Howick

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Saint Michael and All Angels Church Howick

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Raphael and Uriel, Saint Michael and All Angels Church Howick

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Gabriel and Michael, Saint Michael and All Angels Church Howick

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
Saint Michael and All Angels Church Howick Graveyard

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
Howick Hall
  Co-Curate Page
Howick Hall
- Howick Hall, the home of the Greys was built in 1782 by Newcastle architect William Newton. In 1809,  Charles, 2nd Earl Grey comissioned George Wyatt to enlarge the hall. The ...

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES