Church of St Mary, Blyth
St Mary's Church is located on Wanley Street in Blyth. It was originally built in 1864 by Austin and Johnson as chapel of ease to St. Mary's Church in Horton. It became parochial (parish church) in 1896. The chancel and west end of the nave extended, and north aisle were added, 1897-1902 by W.S. Hicks. The church has 14th century-style features and a distinctive bell turret. The stained glass East window is Christ in Majesty with Evangelists below, flanked by Resurrection and Ascension, 1911, signed by Atkinson Bros. of Newcastle. The North aisle window is of 1950 by Evetts. The Church is a Grade II listed building on the National Heritage List for England.