Topics > Tyne and Wear > North Tyneside > Wallsend > Church of St Luke

Church of St Luke


St Luke's Parish Church in Wallsend is located on the corner of Frank Street and Station Road. The church was built 1885-1887 by Oliver, Leeson and Wood. It's west vestries were added in 1895; and the tower, chancel and lady chapel were added in 1906.[1] The church is a Grade II listed building.

Wallsend Churches and Cathedrals 1887 Historic Buildings and Monuments in North Tyneside
from Geograph (geograph)
The Church of St Luke The Evangelist, Wallsend

Pinned by Peter Smith
from Geograph (geograph)
Saint Luke's Church

Pinned by Peter Smith
from Geograph (geograph)
St Luke's Church, Wallsend

Pinned by Peter Smith
from Geograph (geograph)
St Luke's Church, Wallsend - east window

Pinned by Peter Smith
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
028926:Wallsend St. Luke's Church C. 1900

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST LUKE - Wallsend - List Entry
- "Parish church. 1885-87 by Oliver, Leeson and Wood; 1895 west vestries; 1906 tower, chancel and lady chapel; land given by G.B. Hunter. Rock-faced snecked sandstone with ashlar dressings, plinth ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
St Luke's Church, Wallsend

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
St Luke's Church, Wallsend

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1025335
List grade: 2
Borough: North Tyneside
Grid ref: NZ2994766308

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES