Topics > Tees Valley > Middlesbrough > Middlesbrough - Town Centre > Church of St John the Evangelist

Church of St John the Evangelist


The Church of St John the Evangelist is located by the junction of Marton Road and North Ormesby Road in Middlesbrough. The church was built 1863 - 1865, by John Norton. It's tower was added in 1883, by Alexander and Henman.[1] The Church is Grade II* listed on the National Heritage List for England.

Middlesbrough - Town Centre Grade II* Listed Churches and Cathedrals 1865 Historic Buildings and Monuments in Middlesbrough
from Geograph (geograph)
St. John's Church, Middlesbrough

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
St Johns Church

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
St John the Evangelist

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Flickr (flickr)
St John Evangelist

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST - List Entry
- "MIDDLESBROUGH MARTON ROAD, NZ 52 SW (5020) east side. 2/54 Church of St. John the Evangelist. 17.7.68 G.V. II Church, 1863/65 by John Norton (London ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Marton Road (A172), TS1

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1139854
List grade: 2*
Grid ref: NZ5011120207
District: Tees Valley
Post code: TS4 2AF

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES