List number: 1121498
List grade: 2
Post code: DL4 1DT
Grid ref: NZ2288726440

Church of St John, Shildon


St John's is the parish church in Shildon. It was originally built 1833 - 1834 by Anthony Salvin. The church was largely rebuilt and extended in 1881-1882 by C. Hodgson Fowler, who also rebuilt the church tower in 1891.[1] The church is a Grade II listed building.
from Geograph (geograph)
Church of St John, Shildon

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
St. John's church, Shildon

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
St John's Parish Church, Shildon

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST JOHN - Shildon - List Entry
- "Parish church. 1833-4 nave by Anthony Salvin; largely rebuilt and extended in 1881-2 by C. Hodgson Fowler who also rebuilt the tower 1891-1900. Dressed sandstone. Welsh slate roofs and green ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES