Bedlington Station is a settlement in Northumberland, located by East Bedlington and just over a mile north-west of the town centre of Bedlington. As it's name suggests, the area gets it's name from Bedilington Railway Station, which opened here in 1850 and operated up to 1964. It's history is also linked with coal mining and the former Bedlington Colliery, which was located here. At the time it was built, the railway station was considered to be in Sleekburn, but by 1961, Bedlington Station was recognised as an urban area in its own right on official OS maps. Bedlington Station Primary School and, serving the wider district, Bedlington Academy, are located here. Bedlington Station is part of the Civil Parish of East Bedlington.