Topics > Tyne and Wear > Newcastle upon Tyne > Bells Close > Church of St George, Bells Close

Church of St George, Bells Close


St George's RC Church is located by Scotswood Road in Bell's Close, between Scotswood and Lemingon. The church was built 1868-1869, designed by A.M. Dunn, and funded by  Richard Lamb of West Denton. The church is part of the RC Diocese of Hexham & Newcastle. St George's Church is a Grade II listed building on the National Heritage List for England.

Bells Close 1869 Churches and Cathedrals Historic Buildings and Monuments in Newcastle Scotswood Road Catholic Church
from Geograph (geograph)
Church of St George, Lemington

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
St. George's R.C. Church, Bells Close.

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from https://historicengland.org...
CHURCH OF ST GEORGE - Lemington - List Entry
- "R.C. parish church. l868-69 by A.M. Dunn; at the expense of Richard Lamb of West Denton. Flemish bond white brick with polychrome dressings; rear (north) red brick; Welsh ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
056378:St. George's Church Bell's Close Scotswood Unknown c.1890

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Newcastle libraries (flickr)
001791:St. George's Church Bell Close Scotswood Unknown 1880?

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1186086
List grade: 2
Tyne & Wear HER: 9038
Post code: NE15 6YA
Borough: Newcastle
Grid ref: NZ1893964419

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES